I recently read Brian McLaren's book A Generous Orthodoxy. It was an interesting read. But I came across one term I really liked which was "Post-Protestant".
"Post-Protestant", to me, picks out the people today who:
- come from Protestant backgrounds (though not necessarily I suppose)
- but who feel no strong connection with any given Protestant denomination
- and hence struggle to identify themselves as any Christian sub-group
- would prefer to just consider themselves "Christian"
- don't hold any animosity against Catholics
- aren't really interested in defending Traditional Protestant Doctrine
- are interested in taking the best from all Christian denominations and history and moving forward in a spirit of unity
I like that, because I think it accurately describes me.